Sunday, October 11, 2009

There's Always Fodder for Ranting


My friend Sue is at fault. She keeps sending me links, then I follow other ones and get carried away. I came across a post today on The Cookie Blog about Rep. Charles Rangel. I couldn't help myself. You might want to go by and leave a comment of your own. This man is a crook and people just keep letting him get away with it. Why? Does he have to murder someone? Like I said in my comment, I'm thinking it's time he checks into Hotel Arpaio in Arizona and dawns a pair of pink undies.

2 comments:

Sue McKlveen said...

You're so right, Gwenn! I can guarantee if he had an 'R' after his name, he would've been gone long ago. I think it's time to get rid of the party system and just judge people on their merits.

And you're welcome, Ginger...I love seeing you get riled up. HAHAHAH!!!

The Cookie Blog said...

This is a comment I made a few days ago, concerning congressional approval.

Its a wonder they have any approval at all. They are artists, con artists.
Most of them are rich, privileged, and pompous. Here is some class from brother Barney Frank at one of his health care town meetings, "Trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table," Frank said to the woman. "I have no interest in doing it." He is just full of respect. He is just full of of bull crap.
Its amazing that these people can get elected, time after time. Of course money decides many elections and they have plenty. This needs to change. Obama and his pay czar want to regulate corporate executive pay and bonuses. They need to regulate how much these politicians can pay themselves, including their perks.We also need serious campaign finance reform.
They're given a sizable budget of $2 million to $4 million a year for office administration and staff expenses. They all have their own little "Empires" which includes multiple offices, large staffs and interns, all kind of goodies. Its a good deal for them, but not for us. I hope the bad apples get voted out, and become apple cider, that's where most of them belong.

WARNING: I support the office of the President, not the person currently holding it!