Thursday, November 19, 2009

In all Fairness!


Since I posted yesterday, my nephew did a little more research on the most recent picture of President Obama standing before a huge American flag. Supposedly, this was taking on Veteran's Day and the flag was passing by, but in reality, Taps was just beginning to play and he had not yet moved his hand to his heart. He did, probably the instant after the pictures was taken. So, the President did pay homage to his country and presented a very touching speech. I saw the video myself, so I can attest that what was shared by some was very misrepresenting. I want to correct my part in that.

But, while I have your attention, I do have a question to ask though. Does anyone else think it strange that up until President Obama was elected, Osama Bin Laden's name was spelled with an "O". Now he has become known as Usuma Bin Laden. Just sort of seemed a little weird. That and my computer spellcheck keepss trying to make me change Obama to Osama. *smile. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Sue McKlveen said...

I don't believe he did move his hand to his heart...otherwise, the other people would be mid-movement. I just don't buy it. He doesn't like this country, or he'd stop trying to destroy it.

As for Osama and Obama, I consider them the SAME person. HA! I also see where they're now making Osama chocolate bars for the guys overseas. Gotta love that.

WARNING: I support the office of the President, not the person currently holding it!