We must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end.
~Woodrow T. Wilson
Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.
~ Charles Mackay
By union the smallest states thrive. By discord the greatest are destroyed.
Quoted from source mentioned above:
This Tax Day, we face big challenges.
* The new Obama/Pelosi/Reid health care takeover includes almost $564 billion in new taxes on American families and businesses.
* If the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire on December 31 of this year (and President Obama and Speaker Pelosi say that is their intention), then we will see an almost $1-trillion tax increase.
* The Death Tax will come roaring back. The best news about today's tax day is that for the first time in 94 years, death is not a taxable event in America. Unfortunately, Democrats want to bring back the death tax at an outrageous 55% rate!
* The top personal income tax rate will go back up to 39.6%. Taxes will skyrocket on capital gains.
Not surprisingly, all this taxing and spending is killing prosperity... In fact, personal income is down 3.2% since President Obama took office when you exclude government handouts. It's the same old story. As government advances, opportunity and economic prosperity for Americans recedes.
* 47% of Americans no longer pay personal income taxes due to policies coming out of Washington, D.C., and it's not surprising that the burden on the remaining most productive Americans keeps going up.
* You would think all this taxing means a balanced budget. Of course, you would be wrong. The federal budget deficit this year is expected to end up over $1.5 trillion.
******** End of Quoted material
While those who take are stand are heaped in with terrorists and trouble-makers by the very administration we helped elect, if we don't speak up and vote for change, then by our silence we are agreeing to continue in this same path of destruction. If not for the horrid cold I've developed, I would be at a tea party today. When people voted for the changes Obama promised, I think they should have asked for a little more clarification. His vague promises have turned into very real nightmares. Back door deals and votes for payment are not new, but they need to be stopped. Politicians must cease getting rich at our expense, and if this healthcare reform does indeed become reality, then they get no exemption. I can barely make ends meet now, so the last thing I need is to continue to be taxed more for frivolous and wasted expenditures. Check Nancy Pelosi's financial information and see if we really need to pay for her to fly back and forth to Washington? I don't even like her so it's doubly insulting to me.